Saturday, July 8, 2017

Project Pocket - Christmas in July! - Holiday Pages


Hello!  This month I want to encourage you to get those holiday pages scrapped.  So often we get wrapped up in the season or the event.  We decorate, make the food, take the photos and then we lose all momentum.  Now is the time to create a pocket page documenting a holiday!  Think Christmas in July!

Don't limit yourself to just Christmas though - birthdays, Halloween, Easter, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Independence Day, Canada Day, ... anything goes!  Your pocket page doesn't have to be entirely about one event.  If you're like me, you may do weekly or monthly layouts and so even if you include one photo from a holiday that's good enough for me!  Easy, right!?  Now get scrapping!

So... my baby turned ONE a few weeks ago.  I love doing little photoshoots with her, but often I only use one or two photos in my pocket pages.  I decided to celebrate the occasion, I would dedicate an entire pocket page just to her and her stats and interests.  I used Crate Paper's Little You Girl collection and I love how it's cute and subdued enough to let the photos shine.


Amanda also chose to document a birthday using the Cocoa Vanilla Make a Wish collection.  I absolutely love the way she has embellished her pockets - especially the Party Animal card! Perfection!

Stacie created a page full of awesome July 4th memories using Photo Play!  I love how she used the filler cards and let the photos tell the story.  Nice and simple!  The embellishments she does add are just perfection - sequins on a fireworks page, for example!


Janet documented Mother's Day in her weekly pocket page spread showing that for this challenge your project doesn't need to be a super festive layout.  Even dedicating one photo and a card to the occasion is good enough for an entry.


It's never too late to complete December pages and projects!  I know Becky was so excited when she finished up her December Daily album earlier this month.  Aren't her pages awesome!?  I love her mix of photo and card sizes.  That 6x8 photo gives me all the heart eyes!

 

Finally Anna went with a Disney themed pocket page!  She states that every day spent at Disney feels like a special day to celebrate and I would have to agree.  She used the Echo Park Summer Fun collection for this page.



I hope our Design Team inspired you to get those holidays documented this month!  Remember any holiday goes - even all those made up ones, like Fried Chicken Day!  Submit your projects to the Paper Issues Friends and Fans Facebook page for a chance to win a gift certificate to the store.

Love shopping!?  Have Issues?!  Use the code KRISTIE to save 20% in the store today.  Please visit me on YouTube and Instagram!



1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I need to try pocket pages. These are brilliant. Except I am FAR from ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!