Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Product Spotlight *Planner Goodies"


The Planner trend has really taken off over this past year.  They come in all shapes and sizes and all colours under the rainbow.  You can get them with vertical boxes or horizontal boxes.  You can use one for your personal life, and one for work, and yet another for your scrappy commitments and dreams.

I've been a fan of Jen Boumis' planner pages for a while.  First of all her penmanship deserves to be made into a stamp set for certain.  I also love her clean lines, leaving her lots of room to add items if required, as the week plays itself out.

Here she has used bits and pieces from Crate Paper Poolside, and Simple Stories: Summer Vibes & Life Documented collections.

Mary Ann preps her planner pages with all the embellishments she thinks she'll use in the week before hand.

You can see she's pulled some Crate Paper goodies also, as well as some tiny shipping tags, and doilies.  Once she begins to fill in the activities she simply chooses bits and pieces to add in.  Genius!

Orange pulled out her Hero Arts ombre ink pad and used our Alphabet Love FREE cut file to decorate the border of her planner pages.
See those strips of patterned paper on the top row?  That is a tear strip from a Webster's pages Hall Pass vellum page.  I love using those tear strips, it's like getting two pieces of paper for the price of one.

And check out how she used her the Snarky Stamps set to create this great reminder

And now to take things in a totally different direction.  I have been using my planner in a slightly different manner.
Rather than using it simply as a traditional day planner, I have really been enjoying using mine to document what has already happened.  I find it a great way to keep track of the memories of our daily events. I like to choose one paper collection, and a few random embellishments to work with for a week or two at a time.

For this set of planner pages, I have used primarily items from the Heidi Swapp Hello Beautiful collection, Fancy Pants Office Suite Collection (6x6 paper pad, and embellishments), and a couple of items from my stash.

Because I'm not too concerned with the actual dates I am free to add embellishments directly over the numbers, like here with the tiny pink shipping tag, and Fancy Pants Designs vellum covered hearts.

I always loved the "idea" of a planner, and the way they looked, but knew there was no way I was going to replace my iPhone calendar with an actual paper planner.  The idea of using one as a way to preserve the details of the days after they had occurred was so much more attractive to me.  I like that I'm memory keeping, and using up the leftovers from my stash also.  I hope that, no matter how you use them, you've been inspired to add some pop and creativity to your planner pages.


5 comments:

  1. These are all so fun! I think I have to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looks like a great planner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this planner too, love what you've done! always an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can use anything you want in a planner. There are no rules. These examples are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!