Sunday, March 1, 2015

so hey there, remember me? let there be ORANGE!

HELLO, friends with issues!
Do you know what today is?
Can I tell you how excited I am that it's THIS day?!

THIS day is the day when I get to say hello to you all as a member of the illustrious Paper Issues Creative Team!  Yep, I'm making my triumphant return and embracing my mojo and ordering ALL THE THINGS, and I'm so happy to be a PI girl again.  For those of you who don't know me....



I'm Leah l'Orange, mom to one young man (age 21) and person to Fletcher B Cat, a quirky rescued ginger kitty.  I'm a Canadian export (living in New Jersey), I love all things orange, could live on popcorn and honeycrisp apples, would adopt all the cats if I could, and I have ISSUES.  They include:

~ inventing my own "-isms"...
~ counting my steps (and other OCD behaviors)
~ overthinking my creative endeavors (a project might take me a WEEK to complete)
~ picking off my nail polish as quickly as I applied it
~ "don't throw that away - it can be upcycled!"
~ stuck in the '80s
~ no cable.  Seriously!  I don't watch tv, but I sure have a huge collection of movies on VHS and DVD!
~ I have good intentions to try all kinds of techniques, so I buy the supplies but never get around to learning (at least it's limited to paper crafts!)
~ I'll talk your ear off!

That said, here's the page I made when I found my mojo again.  It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of the Swag Bag, and February's had me all swoony.  I used that BEAUTIFUL Ombre Fence paper from We R Memory Keepers (it almost killed me - it's so pretty!), distressed the edges of my elements, arranged bits and pieces from the Swag Bag, some Charcoal Twine from The Twinery, added my date and a few little shiny bits from my stash...


  I've just ordered more of that paper.  It's beautiful, isn't it?

  
ZOOM, for a better view of the elements:


Love that grey Pebbles "Notes" paper (so many of my smiles) - the sheet has lots of cute notes on it and I have my next theme planned!

What are you working on right now?  Planning to link up for the "Hip to be Square" issue, sponsored by A Flair for Buttons?  It ends TOMORROW, so hurry!

And ALLLLLL of the hot new stuff from CHA has been arriving, bit by bit, in the Paper Issues store.  Just click HERE to check out the new releases, and hey, I don't know if you're the kind of person who likes to save money, but if you are....
 
Thanks for swinging by today - I hope your weekend has been, and continues to be, amazing!
And thanks for having issues, too!

---leah




9 comments:

  1. Wohoooo!! So happy that you're back, miss Orange! :) :)
    Loooove your layout!! Wowzers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back, Leah!! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page! The pink wood patterned paper and gold touches add such a great feeling of warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that you are returning to contribute your fabulous and unique creative talents to the already rockin' PI team!!! Your layout is gorgeous and I love your post--we have at least a few "issues" in common and I have no shame about it lol! Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful inspiration you're sure to bring!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page to come back on! I couldn't agree more about the paper - gorgeous, along with so many of the other elements on your layout!
    Your Issues are a lot like mine. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who is an epic scrapper (meaning it takes me an epically long time to create a page) and also that you're as excited about trying something new as I am, but don't always get around to it!
    Thanks so much for sharing! I've only been following Paper Issues for a short time, but I certainly am glad to see someone with some of the same Issues and I look forward to all you share here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth - thanks for the welcome back! you're in good company with your "epic" scrapping and techniques! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!