Welcome to our new issue It's Hip to be Square, sponsored by A Flair for Buttons. Not only did A Flair for Buttons provide fabulous product for the design team to work with, they also sent along a prize and...yes, there's more...a coupon code for our readers to use through the end of this month. IHAVEISSUES15 takes 10% off any A Flair for Buttons orders placed through the end of this month.
By linking up and linking back to the Paper Issues blog, you're playing along for a chance to win an assortment of flair buttons from A Flair for Buttons (pictured below).
Before we get to what this issue is all about, let's see what the design team created with product sent to them by our sponsor.
Note: Clicking on each design team members' name will take you to their blog where you can see their project in more detail.
Here are some ideas for what could you link up to It's Hip to be Square (although we always love to see our fans thinking outside of the box, or in this case, the square). :)
- Use square papers, photos and/or other elements (3x3, 4x4, 6x6, 12x12, etc.)
- Create a grid design.
- Add patterned paper with a square design on it to your project.
- Show us your favorite room in your house (but only if it's square, LOL!)
- Are you a quilter? Have you made a layout about your craft or your favorite quilt square?
- Show off a current scrapbooking trend (because they're hip) like chevron, bokeh, woodgrain, arrows, gold foil, etc.
- Do you square dance?
- How about a project about math (because there are plenty of squares in math, like square roots) or you could even use number paper.
- Do you love to bake? Bars, brownies and cakes get cut into squares.
- If you live in the city, show us what's on your block.
- Do you have a Boy Scout or Girl Scout in your family? How about an avid boater? Square knots come in handy on both counts.
- Game boards, like chess, checkers and Scrabble (and all online variations) have squares. What's your favorite?
- What's for dinner? What do you consider to be a square meal?
- Use A Flair for Buttons' products.
***As an added bonus, our fabulous design team member, Kathy, created a cut file full of squares to use on her project for this issue. She has made this file available, through the Paper Issues store, as a free download. That's right — FREE! Thank you so much, Kathy!***
Here are the links to A Flair for Buttons' product and social media sites. Please stop by and be sure to tell them Paper Issues sent you.