Thursday, December 4, 2014

Winter Memories Mini

This year I decided to do a winter memories mini book.  I just don't have the time to do a daily project with our upcoming move across the country.  This mini will feature all of my favorite things about the winter months.  All of my foundation pages are finished and I have a few extra pages I can add to the end if I run out of room.
I had this great plan to take a hardcover book and rip it up to make the mini album (ok, I saw it on pinterest).  So I hit up my local second hand store to see if they had anything that would work for me.  I got lucky and found a red and gold Christmas book.  It was only 10 cents, too.  Could not have found a better deal.

Here is the book before I ripped it apart.





I took my xacto knife and cut along the spine till the cover came off.  Then the pages were pulled apart leaving a handful of pages in each bunch for stability.



The pages were loose and I figured they wouldn't sew together well since the bunches were fairly thick.  I thought maybe my glue runner in a couple of strips would work best.



Next up was to punch holes in the pages.  I used my ruler to measure in on and mark the top and bottom of each stack with a pencil.  (I have had that ruler since I was a teen.)



The cover was the hardest to alter.  In fact I actually ruined the back cover trying to put the holes in for the hooks.  The best option was a drill with a thin drill bit.   So my mini has no back cover as of yet but I will think of something before I am finished with it.  I also didn't take photos of this process.  oops.

After it was all put together the fun begins.  I added all things black, white and gold to the pages.  My favorite part was the gold color shine as water color on several of the pages.  Each photo will have a list of products I used to make it easier to find. Links to those products are at the bottom of the post. Hope you enjoy my little book.  I cannot wait to start adding things to it!

 (Deer-Maggie Holmes Open Book, Doily from my stash, Banner-Studio Calico, ribbon-Paper Issues)
 (tag-Studio Calico, Alpha-AC Thickers, Paper-Paislee Press, Stamp, Amy Tangerine, sequins-Nov Swag Bag)
  (tag-Studio Calico, Alpha-AC Thickers, Paper-Paislee Press, Stamp, Amy Tangerine, sequins-Nov Swag Bag)

 (camera tag-maggie holmes open book, gold stripe paper, wood heart + stars, Studio Calico) 



( tags + frame-maggie holmes open book, rub on, star tag + envelope-studio calico)



 (gold word sticker + color shine-heidi swapp, papers-paislee press)



 (wood circle, gold stripe paper + wood paper-studio calico, gold sequins-Nov swag bag, frame-maggie holmes open book, doily-my stash, black color shine-heidi swapp)



(wood paper-studio calico, gold sequins + white tag sticker-Nov Swag Bag, chipboard arrow-maggie holmes open book)

I took my hexagon stencil, some colorshine, water + a paintbrush and painted on the gold shimmer for this page.  It is very light and subtle but oh so pretty.



(rub ons-maggie holmes open book, wood paper-studio calico)


(today tag-CP notes and things, exposure tag-maggie holmes open book, red chalboard glimmer mist-tattered angels, red and white twine-my stash, mason jar vellum-sept swag bag, gold sequins-nov swag bag)



 (tag-CP notes and things, home clip-studio calico, papers-paislee press, washi-target, gold bird-sept swag bag, maggie holmes open book)


 (papers-paislee press, gold tag-maggie holmes open book, washi-target)


 (paper-paislee press, black color shine-heidi swapp, gold sequins-nov swag bag)




links to items in the Paper Issues Store
Open Book (chipboard + ephemera), Color Shine (gold + black)
Notes and Things tags
Swag Bags

Don't forget to use my code when you shop "3littleks" to save 20%.





6 comments:

  1. beautiful project! I throw away a old dictionary cover... I'm retaking it from the trash!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting!!!! Cannot wait to see what you make! Come back here and post a link when you are done? :)

      Delete
  2. gorgeous project!!! Love this type of art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!