Sunday, December 7, 2014

:: December SWAG bag spotlight ::



It's Sunday, so it's SWAG bag spotlight time!!  Lisa made this totally rad card with the Merry Memories Limited Edition Swag Bag!  Isn't it awesome!!??


I love how she stitched the cards down behind the tag!  It adds just the perfect texture. And that sequins, enamel dot, & wood veneer snowflake combo is to die for!  I am using my Merry Memories Limited Edition Swag Bag as part of my December Documented book!

One of the things that I just love about the Swag Bags are how versatile they are! You can make just about anything: cards, pocket pages, layouts, mini books, and many other projects.  I used my December Swag Bag to make two completely different layouts!  First I made this fall page:

orange gearle
All of the little bits on this page are from the bag (I added twine, background papers, alpha and enamel dots). I absolutely love the polka dot burlap in the upper left corner!  So much so, that as soon as I got a bit of it in the bag, I went to the store and bought a whole sheet of it (and some other stuff happened to fall in my cart as well)!

The second layout that I made from the same swag bag, looks very different from the above fall layout!

orange gearle
The card stock, alphas, mists, and that Gelli print in the back are the only things that didn't come out of the December Swag Bag.  Seriously, there is that much stuff. The photos are of my daughter playing in her art journal.  The Gelli print in the background (reddish-pink) is one that she made!  I love adding stuff like that to my layouts when I can.  See the die cut under the bow?  That is part of a free file that you can get at the Paper Issues store!

I had so much fun playing this month!  Grab a Swag Bag at the store -- they make a wonderful gift!  Don't forget to use the code 'orangegearle' for 20% off you whole order.


2 comments:

  1. OG, these are fab, and Lisa's card is so bold and happy! gorgeous uses for the Swag Bags, ladies! Dona, you crammed SO MUCH OF IT onto that second page, HOLY WOW! i can't believe how far my December bag is already going, and i have TONS of stuff left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors! Great card and layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!