Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Product Spotlight *Shimelle*

When the new collection by Shimelle is filled with a colour combination I am always drawn too.  Of course I had to create with it.  I created the layout of our spoiled toy Poodle named Wilson in no time flat.  

As cute as the dog is, the sweet designs of these patterned papers really needed to be showcased. Yes, it's true sometimes I like the focus of my pages to be just as much about the product as I do about the photos and memories.  This gold glitter heart paper was just too gorgeous to resist. I couldn't bare to cut it, or cover it up, so I chose a design that helped me with that.  Using 2x2 photos allowed me to have a nice cluster toward that top of the pages leaving as many of gold hearts exposed as possible. Each of Shimelle's patterned papers also have really cute tear strips.  I think this is such a great new trend that manufacturers have started, I feel like I'm really getting my money's worth being able to use up every last bit of paper.  They add a fun little element just as tags would, but without the extra expense.

I also created one that allowed me to use more of her patterned papers and some items from my stash.

Patterned paper and machine stitching go together so well in my world.  Love the way it adds texture to my layouts especially when combing several patterned papers on one layout.

This week I've asked DT member Becky Monmaney to join me in showcasing the Shimelle collection.  She created this great two-pager, showcasing her cutie pie niece.  How great do those big chunky numbers look along that photo strip paper?

And, of course we both fell head over heels in love with the gold glitter heart paper.  I love all her gorgeous layers and the use of the cork pieces.

You can get your hands on this Shimelle Collection right here, in the Paper Issues shop, and if you use code: SHERRI you'll save yourself 20% off your entire purchase.
One last thing before I go.  If you'll remember I offered you a chance to get your hands on some sold out Oh Deer goodies by Fancy Pants in this post.  Thank you all for sharing your comments and Christmas movie favorites.  

Congratulations to the author of comment #42 - Melissa!  
A very merry goodie bag will be making it's way to you as soon as you contact me at: sherrifunk@gmail.com with your snail mail details.  
If I do not hear from you within 48 hours a new winner will be drawn.

Have a great day PI friends!

3 comments:

  1. great work you too. Love these colors in this line and you gals picked just the right photos and designed your l/o's to a T!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!