Thursday, November 27, 2014

Layout process with Brenda Smith

Hia all.  Brenda here to show you a little bit of how I create my pages from start to finish.

1.  Usually when I am making a page, I start with my photos.  In this case I actually knew what supplies I was going to use so I started with them.  I planned to make the majority of my page with the gorgeous October and November swag bags from the PI shop.  They are stored in little bags in my box of stuff so I grabbed them both out and poured the contents on the table.


2.  Here are the cards and elements I chose.  I may not use everything but these things were just right for the colors in photos I was considering using.  That squirrel and those leaves really called to me.  I just LOVE them.




3.   Next up was to decide what photo/s I wanted.  These kits are both so lovely for fall photos so I pulled up my folder with November edits.



4.  When I have more than one photo to print, I make a new document in a 12x 12 (or 8 1/2 x 11) size and start by adding new layers with the photo shapes I wanted.




5.  Then I just drag each layer to a 4x6 document(s).



Here they are printed and cut out.  Aren't my girls adorable?



6.  Now to just choose what elements and cards I want to use.  There are so many to choose from!  Since I scrap clean and simple, the process of choosing what I want to create with is super hard.  I want to use it all!



7.  Here we are.  All set out and ready to start.  This time I am doing a 12x12.  Laying the photos out first helps me to see where everything else will fit.  You can see that I ended up not using all the things I had originally chosen.  Less is more when I am creating my pages.  Now to just glue and stitch it all down and rough the edges of my papers a bit.

Finished.







If you haven't tried out one of Cassie's swag bags, now is a great time.  There is a fabulous new December bag still available.  You can use my code "3littleks" to get 20% off your order.




4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout...love the step by step. And yes your girls are adorable! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I love seeing your process Brenda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!