Friday, September 12, 2014

Documenting Travel With Pocket Pages

Good morning everyone!  This is Christine with my first blog post for Paper Issues!  I've been documenting life with pocket pages for three years now.  I don't do weekly Project Life pages, but rather monthly pages.  I add inserts for special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, and trips. 

We took a trip to Napa Valley, California in July.  I made a pocket page to document our wine tasting and awesome lunch, using the new Notes & Things collection from Crate Paper. It is definitely one of my favorite collections right now!


For this page I printed all my photos at 3x3 with a small white border.  I cut all the papers I wanted to use into 3x3 squares as well.  Then I added stickers, typed journaling, and embellishments.



I love how the soft peaches, pinks, and mint colors in this collection go so well with my photos. 


I love using regular scrapbook supplies for my pocket-style pages, and not just pre-made journal cards.


Sequins and wood veneers are some of my favorite little embellishments for Project Life.




Completing this spread brought back lots of great memories from the trip!  Thank you for stopping by today.  Make sure you check out Crate Paper's Notes & Things in the shop.  You can save 20% off this and anything else in the shop by using my code LISTGIRL!


5 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Christine! I love the white borders on your photos, the journaling, and the fact that you used your paper crafting supplies rather than pre-made cards. I also like the wood veneer and stickers...great layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these PL pages. I'm doing 2 albums right now that PL format so I love seeing the inspiration! Thank you!
    p.s.- Any idea when Notes & Things will be re-stocked? Love this line and cant get my hands on the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika! Crate says it should ship any day now. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Thank you for the response!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!