Friday, August 1, 2014

A love affair with rubons

Hi there, fellow crafters with Issues!  Leah l'Orange here to wish you all a very happy Friday and kick off the weekend with a little inspiration (I hope!).

I have a friend who needed a baby shower card, and I had a scrap of holiday paper, a ton of stuff in the July Swag Bag, plus some bits and pieces from past Swag Bags...  I was able to whip up something cute and all I had to add was some ball trim from my stash!



The dotted woodgrain paper is from Crate Paper (from the Sleigh Ride collection - we still have some left in the store!), and I used some Pinkfresh Studio wood veneer hearts (watch for more Pinkfresh coming soon!), Maggie Holmes Styleboard rubons (both the wood and rubons were fancied up with some Glossy Accents)...  The journal card and vellum overlay, the square die-cut, alphas, the punched cloud, the tab, heart sticker and enamel dots/heart were ALL from Swag Bags.  Have you subscribed yet?  Have I mentioned how much I utterly LOVE my monthly subscription?  Swoon-worthy.

So, a close-up:



Those butterflies!  RUBONS.  I've fallen in love with rubons all over again.



And the journal cards!  These were included in the Swag Bags and I love that they work great for cards and not just pocket scrapbooking - so versatile!  I'm hooked.

Hope you're all getting ready for a fantastic weekend ahead!  We'd love for you to join us for our current link party - our theme is "Say Cheese", which has SO many different ways it can be interpreted!  Link up your new or old projects and be sure to link back to us for your chance to win an awesome Maya Road prize - you only have a couple more days before our next issue starts on Monday!

For those of you itchin' to do some shoppin'...  There's always this:



20% off everything.  ALL. THE. TIME.  Seriously!
 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! What a great way to dress up those rub ons. I'll have to try glossy accents on mine next time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!